Hey guys! Today I'm going to be sharing something unrelated to my home. I'm going to be talking about my experience ordering glasses through David Kind, an online optical store. So how David Kind works: You choose three pairs of glasses online and fill out a questionnaire about what you're looking for in your next glasses purchase. You're then paired with a stylist who picks three additional pairs of glasses. These glasses are shipped to your home for free. You can keep these glasses for six days and return them by prepaid postage. If you choose to purchase one or more pairs of glasses, you simply include your eye glasses prescription in the box and email photos of yourself in the glass to your stylist for fitting purposes. And finally, once they are received back by the stylist, your glasses ship to your home! Super simple!
No obligation to buy
Great quality glasses
Length of time given to choose (6 days)
Limited glasses frame styles and colors (would love to see more dark purple hues included)
Sort of pricey at $295 minimum per pair
Having to return them to UPS office
Hey guys! As you can tell by the title of this post, I rewired light fixtures and mounted them for vanity lighting! I have created a little tutorial on how I achieved this. I apologize in advance for it not being the easiest video to follow along with. Feel free to ask questions! I used a standard six foot lamp replacement cord from the home improvement store and cut it into three sections, wiring a double ended wire to each fixture and connecting those two together with the outlet wire. You can use this method to turn any standard hardwired light fixture into a pluggable one.
So, I may have started another project while finishing my floor project...oops. When we moved into our home, there was hideous wood bead board in the dining room. It made sense at the time to just paint it and move on. We needed to get moved into the house and get settled in.
My first floor hardwoods got a makeover! As I mentioned in the previous post, my hardwoods needed a few more coats of polyurethane. We initially used high gloss water based minwax polyurethane, but after a year of wear and tear it was obviously a poor choice. They constantly looked dingy, even after being cleaned. After we finished our hardwoods the first time, we laid down a new vinyl plank kitchen floor, which is a satin finish. It just made sense this time around to choose Minwax water based high build satin polyurethane. After applying one coat I was exhausted and ready to be completely done. Thankfully, I listened to my husbands advice that I would regret not putting one more coat while I had the opportunity. Two coats down and I couldn't be more glad I did two. They look 1000x better than before.
They say preparation is key with any do it yourself project and I would highly agree. However, I am a results driven person and just want to see a final product... Or you could call me impatient. Either way, I'm so glad I took my time prepping these floors before going to town. I swept and mopped atleast twice, sanded down imperfections, and hand scrubbed them with a brush to get all of the debris between the boards. Scrubbing is important because whatever dirt is between the cracks and in creases will be trapped under the poly and be permanent.
Now to wait two days to put all my furniture back! They say it takes a full 30 days for the poly to fully cure, which means rugs can't be put back down until then.