Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing with you how I built an air conditioner unit cover for under $20! My intentions are to do a post soon on inexpensive ways to add curb appeal to your home and I will be linking this post as a reference. First off, let's just all agree that a/c units are hideous, but totally necessary. So let's get started by viewing the video below!
Happy Sunday! This week/weekend has been so productive for myself. We got back from a two week vacation last weekend and since then I have hit the ground running with projects on my to-do-list. I finally painted the last bedroom in our house( after two years) and painted the very last door. I feel like I'm making progress! I completed a few exterior projects that I'll be creating a video for, so stay tuned.
So, I've finally tackled a project that I've been saying I'll get around to for months! Our 1960's home lacks all functional storage, so it felt like a no brainer to do some reorganization in our master closet (and by master I mean my closet ;)). I've been pricing for some time closet organization kits like the ones made by closetmaid, but being the tightwad that I am knew there had to be a cheaper alternative. Que the Angels. Target pulls through again with a $30 bookcase!y
Hello again! Welcome to the longest tutorial you may ever read! Today, I'm going to share with you my experience installing board and batten in our dining room. In previous posts you will see my dining room dawned wainscoting. This was original to the home and poorly installed, causing it to be an eyesore. I slapped a few coats of white paint on to spruce it up immediately upon moving in, but I just couldn't wait for it to go away. The panels were so poorly installed that it only took 15 minutes to remove entirely from the room (thank the lord)! Thankfully, all I found beneath was hideous yellow paint (could have been much worse...).
Hello everyone! Today I was able to complete a project I have had the supplies for for awhile now and I'm thankful for another project checked off of my to do list. This project was inspired by shelving I had seen by Restoration Hardware and numerous Pinterest posts. This is a fairly simple project, perfect for those with little home improvement knowledge. The unfortunate downfall to this project is the cost. It is a bit pricey once you add up the cost for supplies. I did a rough estimate per shelf unit and it comes to about $32 a shelf. When you compare that to Restoration Hardware, that's only a fraction, but compared to simple shelving at Target, it's a bit more pricey.